Monday, April 6, 2009

Humility

It never fails, each year on Palm Sunday, I am awestruck by the picture of Christ riding in on a donkey.

Who is this King of Glory?

Yesterday I had the privilege to read from my favorite chapter in the Bible, Isaish 53. The words of this precious chapter in the Bible cause my heart to stir with much grief and gratitude. How could I despise such a Savior? How could He endure the scourging and shame for someone as wretched as I?

The smallness of my mind and the greatness of God's collide at these thoughts and I bow out and accept that I will not understand His ways, for He Himself tells me, "My thoughts are not your thoughts and neither your ways My ways." (Isaish 55:8)

Who is this King of Glory?

I am starting this week humbled at the thought of my Lord soon walking the road to the cross on my behalf. I am intentionally choosing this week not to just let Friday slip by, for without Friday, we would not have a glorious Easter to celebrate.

So take some time today and meditate on the words of Isaiah 53~

"He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed. " (verses 3-5)

Who is this King of Glory?

No comments:

All content is copyrighted (2008-2014), please seek permission before using. Thank you

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape