Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The meditations of my heart

God has been at work in my heart over the past two months and many things that He is revealing take much thought and time to process. So, when He parts the waters and opens my eyes to grasp what He is really saying I am so thankful! This morning, He did that for me~

This was a fresh start in itself because the past two weeks I haven't been able to fall asleep before 1 am and the morning comes so quickly. Last night I was asleep at 11 o'clock and woke up sharply at 6:00 this morning. And yes, my precious Lord was waiting for me to come and sit awhile with Him.

Through His word and my prayers this is what came out in my journal, words from God revealing the truth of what "life" is doing to us, His precious children:

The conveniences of the world have become distractions.

The ministries of many churches have become breeding grounds for pride and competition.

The lusts of the world have become socially acceptable to such a degree that they have hardened us to the reality of their harm.

The mis-spoken and mis-represented use of truth has softened us into believing that we cannot be bold, so as not to offend.

The heightened need for "stuff" has created a discontent in our hearts, so much that we don't even recognize it. We are actually fooled into believing we are content with this kind of life.

The compromise of our hearts has led us astray and the world has clouded the path of purity. They have made it look strange, weird, lonely, costly and old-fashioned.

So...I do believe that those qualities are the place where I should start, rather than the qualities I should try and avoid. Afterall, I am a child of the Most High King, purchased by the blood of Christ, who Himself was labeled by the world, yet persevered.

How much more do I actually stand to gain when I appear as though I have lost it all?

No comments:

All content is copyrighted (2008-2014), please seek permission before using. Thank you

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape