Saturday, February 28, 2009

Through a New Lens: Challenge Days 1 & 2

Just a little housekeeping~ I will post a weekend challenge and a week challenge. It is not realistic for me to post every day, so get out your calendar or weekly planner and write down the challenge for each day. I will post on Friday night for the weekend and Sunday night for the week. (If you are new, please read about this challenge here and here.

First, my prayer for each of you choosing to take on this challenge:

Father, I ask that you might reach down and deeply touch the heart of each of us, as we journey through the next 32 days. This will not always be easy and we may not see results right away, so help us to fully trust in You and Your perfect timing. When we fail, guide us back to the track and help us to keep moving forward and not stay there in that place of feeling defeated. Thank you for intimately knowing each of us; reveal to each heart what You want me doing for the good of my husband and children. May our motive be to honor You and not to gain anything for ourselves. Give us the eyes to see this place we are in as "holy" ground, doing work for Your kingdom. For you are ever-close to us and our life is for the greatness of You, not ourselves.

Day 1~ Acts 3:19-20 Repent therefore, and turn again, that your sins may be blotted out, that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, and that he may send the Christ appointed for you, Jesus

Start on your knees before the Lord and cry out to Him. Be honest before your Holy God and let Him wash you. Wash away the fears, the doubt and guilt...whatever need to be cleaned out. Cry out for Him to empty you of yourself, so that you do not get in the way of what He wants to do in you. Be quiet before Him and listen.

Day 2~ Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer.

Let this be your prayer today. Pray for your Holy God to do such a work in your heart that your words and thoughts are aligned with Him constantly. "take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ" This challenge begins with prayer, because that is where the power lies! It is not in and of ourselves just being able to start a new routine or change our minds about doing "life" differently. The kind of change I am praying for, only happens at deep heart level.

Pray that this will not be a shallow attempt to spend a month encouraging your family, but rather that it will be the beginning of a new way of doing life. Closer to your Heavenly Father, more obedient to His daily direction and aligned with His purpose and will for your life every step of the journey.

Psalm 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.

Praise God that He is your Source! Give thanks for this place He has placed you, for He knows what He is doing and you can trust Him! Thank you Lord~

No comments:

All content is copyrighted (2008-2014), please seek permission before using. Thank you

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape