John 5:38 "You do not have His word abiding in you, for you do not believe Him whom He sent."
Nothing can replace the Word of God.
- The words of Jesus take root and bear the fruit of faith and obedience.
- The word is at home in you. (John 8:37)
- You need to move stuff out to make room for His Word
- The Truth sanctifies: Where the word of God is not changing~it is not abiding!
John 3:34 "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for He gives the Spirit without measure."
1. Jesus' words are God's words.
- No one speaks God's words as consistently and perfectly as Jesus
- Everytime Jesus spoke...God spoke
2. Jesus' words are life-giving.
- John 6:63 "...the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life."
3. Jesus' words conquer the devil
- Without the word, you have NO defense
- Satan hates family, marriage, truth, goodness, etc.... SO! What do you have to go up against him? God's word is your sword
If you do not have the word at home in you, you will...EVERYTIME...be defeated by the circumstances around you. Without God's word, we have nothing to go to battle, no weapons, no strength, no ammunition. Satan himself knows scripture, but he twists it, so we must KNOW it and let it live at home in our heart.
The number of God's thoughts about our marriages, our children, our jobs, our finances, absolutely everything...is too great to even know them all. Proclaiming the thoughts and words of God is my sword. When difficult times come I need to speak to the goodness of God, because it is more than could be told.
Psalm 40:5 "Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders which You have done; And Your thoughts toward us; there is none to compare with You. If I would declare and speak of them, they would be too numerous to count."
I recommend that you take the time (about 50 mins) to listen to his message here
I would love to hear what God speaks to your heart about abiding in Him every moment of every day~