Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Prayer for Boys


Father, I pray that he will confess with his mouth that Jesus is Lord, and that he would believe in his heart that You have raised Christ from the dead. Cause him to call upon your name, O Lord. (Romans 10:9,13)

I pray that he will look at the things of the world through Your eyes and not through man's. I pray that he will develop the ability to respond with Your wisdom and love. (1 Samuel 16:7)
I pray that he will know the value of friendship and be loyal all the days of his life. (Proverbs 17:17)
O Father I ask that you will give him wisdom and understanding. Do not let him forget your words or swerve from them. Cause him to love wisdom and value it above all worldly desires and accomplishments. (Proverbs 4:5-7)
I pray that he will do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than himself. Let him not only look to his own interest, but also to the interests of others, and let his attitude be the same as that of Christ Jesus. (Philippinas 2:3-5)

Father I pray that no matter what he is planning in his heart, that Your purpose will prevail in his life. (Proverbs 19:21)

O, that he would have heart of integrity that desires to follow hard after You. Give him a narrow path to follow with a wide vision for what You want to use him for in accomplishing good for Your kingdom~ Amen

2 comments:

Wes Carruthers said...

What sweet prayers. May God use you to navigate those boys through a world full of devouring entrapments.

What a great blog! Can't wait to see what's next! Thanks for putting your heart on display for others to see God.

Unknown said...

Oh my! I am crying hard enough right now that I can barely see what I am typing. Thank you for putting aside your wants, desires, and preferences. Thank you for using that time and energy towards building other people's lives, praying for other people's children, and surrendering to what God created you to be. I love you.

All content is copyrighted (2008-2014), please seek permission before using. Thank you

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape