Saturday, December 13, 2008

His plan, not mine

Hello! I have been out this week with two sweet boys and two cases of the stomach bug :(

Anyway, I am a bit drained and do not have much to share. Except, that I pray that we will all take sin seriously. That we will put into practie the vital role we have in confessing and repenting. This means that we say outloud what God says about our sin and then we turn from it, completely.

I think that we have this tendancy to "categorize" our sins...big, bad, not such a big deal, little. Well, all sin (yes, ALL sin) is the same in God's eyes. Why? Because sin separates us from our Heavenly Father. It gets in the way and slowy errodes the soul, the heart, the mind.

This world is full of distractions, so here is my challenge to us all. Take the time to be still and cut out the distractions. Search your heart and do only that which you know God asks of you. Leave the other stuff behind and do what He asks.

Also, be aware! The enemy is like a lion ready to snatch us up in his fearsome paw. (1 Peter 5:8) Stand your guard and do not let him have a foothold. God gives us this encouragement in His word:

1Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

Hebrews 13:5-6 Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." So we can confidently say, "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?"

Christmas seems to be a time when indulgence goes overboard. Everyone seems to be able to justify the spending of money more at this time of the year. Christmas is about the birth of Christ, so we should be taking time to see what would be valuable to Him. What does He say to do with our money and time during the holiday season?

I love that God's word tells me, if I have food and shelter, with these things I shall be content. (1 Timothy 6:8) Great, I have both those things, so I shall be content. Any discontented attitude comes from my rotten heart. Which leads me back to the cross and God's amazing sacrifice for my sin. A plan in the heart of God before the foundation of the earth.

The most striking part of this plan? That Jesus came as a newborn babe, on a cold night in a manger to a teenage mother, who was a virgin. How beautiful, the day that God touched the world with the greatness of His love, through the birth of His Son.

Thank you Father God for that precious babe, my Savior. A priceless gift of love, made on my behalf. This certainly does seem like something we should "go tell on the mountain!"

No comments:

All content is copyrighted (2008-2014), please seek permission before using. Thank you

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape