Friday, May 7, 2010

Journal Writings 2

Lies. They creep in and slowly begin to control your thoughts, your point of view and eventually your actions.

Lies. They can lead you astray so quickly. They set you up to fail, because they are rooted in evil.

Lies. We have all believed them.

Lies. They destroy us from the inside out. They cause us to feel defeated.

Truth. It changes us from the inside out. It sets us up for success because it guides in a way that cannot fail because it's God's way.

Truth. It needs to be the plumbline that controls our actions and words.

The Truth I am clinging to right now is that God is My Sustainer, My Refuge, My Refiner, My Sufficiency, My Strong Tower.

Cling to the Truth and know that it will never fail you. Abide in His words today and bask in His everlasting love and steadfastness.

My heart will not know a better place to find rest than in the quiet and stillness needed to hear God and feel His presence around me. I will not know better encouragement than what I find as I scan the verses of a Psalm. Thank you Lord for being the unchanging, immovable God that you are~

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end~ they are new every morning; Great is thy faithfulness!"

No comments:

All content is copyrighted (2008-2014), please seek permission before using. Thank you

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape