Monday, December 13, 2010

Just stay and linger awhile....

I feel like this doesn't happen enough.....
And my head is thinking, "Why in the world not?" I am crazy about this guy. I love him more now then I did when we married one another, nearly 12 years ago.

I know the obvious reasons...


I know that this season of life, with my precious small children, is taxing and requires much of me. Still I cannot quiet that longing in my heart for more time with him. My very best friend, my love, my partner, my leader. He can make me la
ugh like no one else can and see through to my heart more quickly than most. When he looks at me from across the room, I am certain I am the only thing he sees and that makes me feel adored and cherished.

God has strengthened our marriage and given us a vision that I know grounds and sustains us through the trials. God has also given us a deep love for one another. That sense of knowing that he is by my side for the long run, the comfort in
knowing he thinks I am beautiful even on those days I'm not and the grace that is continually offered as I sometimes stumble through being his help-meet.

I recently glanced at an article title that said "The six-second kiss...." I didn't actually get to read it, but the title got me thinking. So often we greet each other at the end of a long day and quickly catch up, but realistically it is past 10 already and our heads hit the pillows. I'm certain that I don't give him six, one-second kisses every day, let alone many six-second kisses each day! What a difference such a small act of love would make!


How much more deeply would our connection be, even in the busyness, if I stayed and lingered awhile. This is the most precious earthly relationship I need to nurture and no one can do for my husband what I can do for him! I know there are many other times that I can stay and linger. I am planning on taking the time to do more
of this.....



How can you find time to stay and linger awhile?


No comments:

All content is copyrighted (2008-2014), please seek permission before using. Thank you

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape