Saturday, April 28, 2012

A Snapshot...

Okay....well hello there!  When I logged on tonight I saw that it had been about 3 months since my last post and I felt disappointed.  It is not that I really feel like I have great things to say, but writing and expressing my thoughts helps me process and be creative.  As I look back over the last seven months, I probably should have blogged more and it would have helped the process!  Anyway...more on that later :)

Tonight I got the rare chance to check-up on some blogs that I haven't read in a long time and a few of them had "A Day in the Life" posts.  I thought it was so fun to see how they do the daily on-goings of life, so I thought it might be a fun re-entry post to blogging.  So, here is the most recent day that is still fresh on my mind, here goes....

3:00am  Luke comes to tell me he's hungry and he is going to get snack, then go back to bed.  (This happens about 3 times a week!)

5:30am   My alarm goes off and I hit snooze.  I sleep a few more minutes in my perfect bed and then the alarm goes off again. By the way, it is the sound of crickets chirping because I despise loud, annoying beeping Wesley's  :0

5:50am   I hear Evan wake up and go walking down the hall.  He stops, then climbs in bed with Eli to "nuggle." This makes me smile in my warm bed.  I grab my devotion book and read today's encouragement.  James 3:17-18, The wisdom from above is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.  Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.  I love this verse, but I also love that I just studied the 7th Beatitude, blessed are the peacemakers~ so it has a new meaning to me this time.  The words on the pages encourage me to seek God's wisdom for the many decisions I have to make in one day.  It says that wisdom grows out of a long-time devotion to self-control and discipline. God is the one who upholds the ground I stand on, so I must plant my feet solidly with Him!

6:20am  Eli comes to make sure I am taking him to school.  I get up, brush my teeth, hair, put on make-up.  I get dressed, check the paint color in the boy's room I painted last night and come out to the kitchen.

6:40am  The kitchen is a buzz with my men~ making breakfast, talking to our baby turtles, finding belts, changing diapers, getting shoes on and practicing today's recitation, "A Slash of Blue" by Emily Dickinson.

7:15am  Miss Maggy arrives~ she stays the morning with Evan and Luke, so I can volunteer in Eli's class.  We are out the door and on our way!

7:55am  Arrive at school.  Listen to each of the kids recite their poem and record the grades.

8:40am   Leave school and stop at Target to pick up a few things.

9:30am  Meet Wesley at the gym to chat and work-out.  We visit for about 35 mins about life and some decisions we need to make.  Then work-out on the treadmill and thigh machine weights.  This is not my favorite, but I do feel better having done it and I like to be there with Wesley.

11:30am   Evan has an appointment, which takes about 15 mins~ then we go to lunch with Miss Maggy :) I have a salad and Lobster Bisque soup.  I see two friends there and catch-up a bit!

12:45pm   Drive to the auto-car wash and vaccum, the van looks like it hasn't been cleaned in 3 months!  Evan is not crying in the car wash, which is great!  This is NOT his favorite place. We drive to the post office and send my mom a happy box filled with fun things for her during her up-coming 4 day hospital stay & surgery.

1:30pm  Arrive home, change Evan's diaper and lay him down for a nap.  Unload the dryer and start a new washer cycle.  Fold clothes and listen to Luke read.

2:00pm  Luke goes outside to play since he is done with school work from this morning while Miss Maggy was here.  I lay down for a quick nap :) I am a huge believer in naps and have taken one almost everyday!  All of us love that time of day when it is quiet time and we settle-down and re-group for the rest of the day.

2:30pm   I go outside and play horseshoes and croquet with Luke.  This game is new to him and it is fun trying to teach him the right skill!

3:15pm  We go in to do house chores, book my rental car for when I go help my mom next week, laundry, kitchen floor, dining room table from school.  We get Luke's t-ball gear together and he gets dressed.

4:00pm  Evan wakes up.  He snuggles and then I change him and get him dressed.  He wants his "pri" (Capri Sun) and he is ready to go!  We hop in the car to go pick up Eli from Chess Club.

4:40pm  We leave school and drive to Red Robin to meet daddy for supper before Luke's t-ball game.  (*This is EXTREMELY rare that we eat out 2x in one day!)  I eat the Turkey Avacado croissant sandwich with fries and ranch.

6:20pm   Arrive at the ball field. I check e-mail and Facebook for a few minutes before we all get out. The temp gauge in my car says 78 degrees but the wind is blowing and I feel chilly, so I wear my fleece and think to myself that my dear friend will think I am so silly :)  Approximately 15 mins later I see her and she is grinning, then says "You and your polar fleece!"  Yep, she didn't let me down!  Luke does good, he tripped before 1st base at one point and took a nose dive, but he recovers.  On our way back to the game he says with grin, "That's the first time I've gotten hurt in t-ball!"

7:30pm  Wesley leaves for a meeting.  We leave at 7:45 and head home.

8:15pm   I give Evan and Luke a shower and then dry their hair.  Evan gets in his pack-n-play to look at books, Luke goes to his bed to read.  I get jammies and a diaper.  Eli finishes up in the shower and then they take turns brushing teeth and getting a drink.  We gather on Eli & Luke's bed for prayers.  Evan prays, "God, tank you for t-ball and daddy. Uh....Amen."  Luke prays not to be over-excited and wild tomorrow when friends come over and Eli prays to be a good leader for his brothers.  :)

8:45pm  I tuck them all in with kisses and head to make a cup of tea.  Then I sit down to check out some blogs and decide to get back in touch with mine!

9:45pm  I am still writing and Wesley comes home.  He draws me a bath and I am about to sign off to go unwind and then climb into bed.  I would normally do a project until about 11, but I have a big day tomorrow and I have been battling a headache for most of the afternoon and evening.

That is it in a nutshell!  I may do another "at home" kind of day, because most of our week looks a bit different with school and regular house responsibilities, but I will leave that for another time!  


kristen said...

I love this post! I just had the turkey and avocado croissant from Red Robin too and I loved it! I love the polar fleece comment! I was about to wear mine the other day to the game and thought I'd get the same reaction. :)

Melissa said...

Thanks :) I love to see how other moms/wives are doing life each day~ we are all doing a version of the same thing and it is fun to see how God allows each of us the freedom to live it out in reality!

All content is copyrighted (2008-2014), please seek permission before using. Thank you

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape